Latest round of Clinical Research Program Grants winners announcediclaron
The ISN Clinical Research Program Committee is pleased to announce the results of the second round of applications for the 2016 Clinical Research Program.
These grants help implement research projects to detect and manage non-communicable chronic diseases such as chronic kidney disease (CKD), hypertension, diabetes and cardiovascular disease in low-to-middle income countries, involving local nephrologists, health workers and authorities.
After evaluating a total of 29 applications, ISN is happy to fund the following five projects:
- Dr. Alao Michael Abel (Nigeria): Renal dysfunction children Nigeria
- Dr. Eranga Sanjeewa Wijewickrama (Sri Lanka): Prevalence of CKD in Sri Lanka
- Prof. Ayodeji Arije (Nigeria): Farming Practices as Risk Factors for CKD in Nigeria
- Dr. Jaime M Restrepo (Colombia): Incidence and Mortality of AKI in Colombia
- Sidy Mohamed Seck (Senegal): AKI Epi in Senegal
Many thanks to the Asian Pacific Society of Nephrology (APSN) who will co-fund Dr. Eranga Sanjeewa Wijewickrama’s project that will be carried out in the Asia Pacific region.
To apply for the next call, make sure to submit your application before October 1, 2016, CLICK HERE.