Recognizing some of the world’s most dedicated nephrologists
Every year, participants in the ISN Programs invest time and effort into changing the landscape of nephrology. They also form crucial partnerships to advance nephrology in all regions of the world, bridging gaps in research and care.
The ISN Programs Awards were handed out at the recent ISN World Congress of Nephrology in Mexico City. Congratulations to everybody involved for their dedication!
Watch coverage of the awards on social media, CLICK HERE.
ISN Fellowship Awards 2017 sponsored by the Japanese Society of Nephrology
- 1st prize: Muzamil Olamide Hassan (Nigeria): APOL1 genetic variants contribute to atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease risk in black South Africans
- 2nd prize: Paula Orlandi (Brazil): Risk factors associated with the trajectory of kidney function in a cohort of CKD patients from Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 3rd prize: Waziri Bala (Nigeria): Association between abnormal markers of chronic kidney disease mineral bone disease and mortality in maintenance hemodialysis patients
ISN Clinical Research Poster Awards 2017
- 1st prize: Viviane Calice-Silva (Brazil): Salivary urea nitrogen dipstick as a screening tool to detect acute kidney disease due to malaria in low-resource setting
- 2nd prize: Rajendra Bhimma (South Africa): APOL1 variants in HIV and idiopathic FSGS in children
- 3rd prize: Abdias Hurtado (Peru): Increased prevalence of kidney disease at high altitude
ISN Schrier Award
The ISN Sister Renal Center Partnership between Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (Nigeria) and Lister Hospital, Stevenage (UK)